Breast Reduction Munster and Hobart
Dr. Frank offers breast reduction to Munster-area patients as way to resolve a variety of concerns. For women with large breasts, a reduction can help with:
- Physical discomfort. Breast reduction surgery can alleviate chronic back, neck, and shoulder pain.*
- Social issues. Patients sometimes seek treatment when they have difficulty finding the right clothing or feel uncomfortable with the attention their breasts draw.
- Challenges in daily life. Large breasts can often limit physical activity, make sleeping and exercise uncomfortable, and inhibit quality mammograms.
Patients may be able to cover some or all of the cost of surgery with insurance. Our office can help women explore their options.
Dr. Frank’s Approach to Breast Reduction
During the initial consultation, Munster-area breast reduction patients meet directly with Dr. Frank to talk about their goals. They discuss both the concerns that have led them to surgery as well as the physical changes they want to see.
While some patients target a specific bra cup size, it’s important to remember that these sizes can vary from brand to brand. With years of experience in plastic surgery, Dr. Frank understands how to achieve the results that patients prefer without using an arbitrary measure. Taking the time to listen to their preferences and showing photos of comparable outcomes helps in this process.
*Individual results may vary
About the Procedure
After preoperative testing, further consultation, and scheduling, surgery takes place at one of several accredited facilities in the Munster area. In a breast reduction:
- Patients receive general anesthesia to stay comfortable throughout surgery.
- Frank prioritizes aesthetic and functional improvement as well as preserving sensation and the ability to breastfeed in the future.
- He makes incisions in areas that are less noticeable except to intimate partners.
The surgery reduces excess breast tissue and skin and reshapes the breast into a smaller size appropriate for the patient’s frame.*
Recovery from Breast Reduction
Typically, Munster patients are away from work for about two weeks.* They can resume most normal activities after that time. It’s not unusual to have a period of numbness, tingling, or hypersensitivity, but these sensations should go away within a few weeks.*
The women who have breast reduction surgery are some of Dr. Frank’s most satisfied patients. Almost immediately, they realize the difference that the procedure has made in their lives, and as they recover fully, they enjoy the change in their appearance and the improvement in their physical symptoms.
If you have been living with discomfort due to large breasts, talk with Dr. Frank about your options. Schedule your initial consultation by calling our Munster office at (219) 513-2015.