Eyelid Surgery Munster and Hobart
Subtle signs of aging around the eyes can add years to a person’s appearance. Heavy lids can also make a person look tired or stressed, and drooping in the upper eyelid can actually interfere with vision.
With eyelid surgery, Hobart and Munster-area patients can enhance both the aesthetics and function of their eyes.* Dr. Frank has years of experience performing the procedure and understands how to make slight adjustments for significant improvement. Our practice can also work with patients to identify cases in which insurance may cover correction.
Dr. Frank’s Approach to Eyelid Surgery
Dr. Frank uses different techniques for the upper and lower eyelid surgery because the issues that affect them are different:
- Lower eyelids tend to be heavy, have bulging areas of fat, or display skin drooping. Puffiness and excess skin can give an impression of fatigue or sleeplessness even when patients aren’t experiencing these problems.
- Upper eyelid surgery tends to address heavy lids, which can obscure a patient’s vision.
- Sagging in both the lower and upper eyelids is one of the earliest signs of aging.
In an initial consultation about eyelid surgery, Munster and Hobart patients learn from Dr. Frank about their options for treatment. Patients appreciate that Dr. Frank takes the time to answer their questions, encourages careful consideration before procedures, and offers transparency in pricing before patients make decisions.
*Individual results may vary
About the Procedure
Eyelid surgery takes place at a JCAHO-accredited facility, which demonstrates high standards in surgical care. During the procedure:
- Patients typically receive sedation. Dr. Frank can offer general anesthesia as well.
- Dr. Frank can make incisions on the lower eyelid from either the inside of the eyelid, which leaves an invisible scar, or near the lashes, where it is subtle but visible.*
- For upper eyelid surgery, Dr. Frank incises near where eyelid crease should be. This procedure reduces skin and muscle and fat to create a new crease.
Surgery takes about 1-1.5 hours, and patients return home the same day.*
Recovery from Eyelid Surgery
Dr. Frank advises Munster and Hobart patients to ice their eyes with a cold pack mask for 48 hours following surgery. The initial recovery usually takes about five days, following which patients may still have some bruising but can use makeup again.*
Within one month, most of Dr. Frank’s patients see their final results: eyelids that offer a refreshed appearance and more functional vision.*
Talk with Dr. Frank about eyelid surgery for aesthetic and functional improvement. Hobart and Munster patients can call our office at (219) 513-2015.