Tummy Tuck Munster and Hobart
After significant weight change, either loss or gain, many people have difficulty getting rid of excess skin and fat around their belly. Women often experience this concern after pregnancy, even when they diet and exercise.
The problem: fluctuating weight can create unwanted skin and fat, and it can also weaken the abdominal wall. As a result, people find it even harder to trim down this area of their body.
Dr. Frank helps Hobart and Munster-area patients achieve a slimmer contour through tummy tuck. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, he has years of experience conducting the procedure. The surgery can yield dramatic improvement in one’s physique.
Dr. Frank Discusses Tips for the Best Results from a Tummy Tuck
Dr. Frank’s Approach to Tummy Tuck
Dr. Frank meets directly with patients during an initial consultation to learn what they want to achieve with tummy tuck. Typical concerns that Hobart and Munster-area patients express include:
- Diet and exercise don’t seem to affect the loose skin and fat around their abdomen.
- Patients feel uncomfortable about their appearance, particularly at the beach or when they are undressed.
- The excess skin prevents them from wearing certain types of clothes or exercising comfortably.
Dr. Frank can evaluate patients to determine whether they are a good candidate for tummy tuck. In particular, he informs patients that:
- The procedure is not a weight-loss surgery; it specifically targets excess skin and areas of fat around the mid-section.
- Because tummy tuck creates a scar, it offers certain aesthetic benefits and trade-offs.
At the conclusion of the initial consultation, patients receive a quote for everything excluding postoperative medications. Dr. Frank helps patients understand the final cost they can expect, including items such as surgical facility charges and anesthesia, so that they can make an informed decision.
About the Procedure
After preoperative testing, consent forms, and scheduling, patients receive tummy tuck surgery in an accredited facility. This signifies the facility’s commitment to the highest level of patient safety and patient care. During the tummy tuck:
- Patients receive general anesthesia so that they can remain comfortable.
- Frank excises the unwanted skin and fat.
- He places permanent stiches to align and strengthen the abdominal muscles.
Dr. Frank also uses a local anesthetic in the area of the surgery. This is a three-day acting, non-narcotic anesthetic that helps patients limit pain during their recuperation is available at a small additional cost.
Recovery from Tummy Tuck
Dr. Frank and our staff see Hobart and Munster patients for follow-up visits throughout their recovery. Most patients will have drains for about two weeks, which assists with the healing process. Patients can usually return to work when we remove the drains.
Dr. Frank encourages those in his care to limit activity to light exercise during recovery, such as walking or riding a bike. Most can return to non-abdominal exercise in about 3-4 weeks and abdominal exercise by the end of six weeks.
Patients usually see a huge improvement in their body’s contour by the time Dr. Frank removes the drains. Within two months, they should realize their final results.
Resolve excess skin around your midsection and achieve a leaner figure with tummy tuck surgery. Hobart and Munster-area patients can reach our office at (219) 513-2015.